Apply For Help
The Society’s aim is to help children of seafarers who are in full-time education and the families who are in severe financial difficulties.
Do you qualify for our support?
CHILD SUPPORT SCHEME
- Have you served at sea for at least 6 months? One of the child’s parents must have either served in the Royal or Merchant Navy or in the fishing fleets including ferries, tankers, cruise ships and cargo boats
- Do you have a child or children under the age of 18? You must be the person in receipt of child benefit
- Are you in receipt of any of the following means-tested state benefits
Housing Benefit or the Housing Element of Universal Credit
Council Tax Benefit (other than single persons 25% discount or disablement reduction)
If the answer is YES to all of the above questions and you would like to apply or you know someone who may be eligible then please use our Contact form below or if you prefer to speak to someone please call our team who are currently working from home between the hours of 8.30am until 4pm on 07511 3056009 or email firstname.lastname@example.org where we will ring you at a convenient time or reply back to your email.
Even if the Society is unable to help, we will do our best to direct you to another organisation that may be able to assist you. Please click on the Our Work page to see the level of support we can offer you. Please note we will need to see evidence of sea service and your means-tested benefits once your application has been accepted and you have received a welcome call from the Sailors’ Children’s Society.
STUDENT SUPPORT SCHEME – Living at home or away from home
- Are you over the age of 18 and have secured a place at University/College?
- Has your parent(s) served at sea?
- Are your parent(s) in receipt of any of the above means-tested benefits listed under our Child Support Scheme eligibility? If YES to all of these questions, then you may be able to apply for our Student Grant Scheme. Please contact us by calling the mobile number or email as described under the Child Support Scheme as above.